Monday, June 30, 2008

Reflection


This weekend was a time to reflect upon many things. One of the things I was thinking about was where my husband & I started out and where we are now. Our journey began in a tiny, dingy apartment with rent at $435.00. We could barely afford it. We couldn't drink the water because of the super metal plant down the road. And the spiders could eat you alive. I wont bore you with the details in between...fast forward to 4 years later...we are now homeowners. This is all we have ever wanted...just a place to call home.
This brings me to the second thing that I was reflecting upon. The wonderful people who have helped me get to this point, but aren't here to see it. My grandmother (Nana Hamm), my great-grandmother (Nana Hunsberger), and my father-in-law (Tom). Whenever I cross a milestone in life I always think...I wish Nana was here to see this. I cry and replay memories in my head. And this weekend was no different. I wish these people were here to see our home. The thing that I realized is...they are! I know that they are with me everyday looking down and keeping watch. It doesn't stop me from missing them any less, but it is comforting to me to know that they are proud and are with me everyday and at every milestone in spirit.

No comments: