Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stolen Update

Okay, so I have calmed down since yesterday. It looks like whoever stole my card info decided to buy lots of things online including flowers, I'm just bummed that he didnt send them to me. How rude. On the bright side they left enough money for my mortgage payment to clear! And, it could have been a lot worse, they could have emptied my account or they could have stolen my identity.

Have you ever had this happen to you? Leave a comment and share your story....

1 comment:

The Running Golfer said...

I once fell foul of an ATM card swiping scheme here in SA. They kind of trick you out of your card at an ATM machine and in doing so get away with your pin too. I was so confused and it happened so quickly that I just stood there for a few seconds. I then started running after the "perpetrators" getaway car, needless to say I could not catch them. Apparently "getaway car" beats "victim in hot pursuit on foot", always. I ran home and phoned my bank. The card was stopped just before they could draw cash.
I won`t give you the details of my ordeal cos you`ll probably think "what an idiot", just like my wife did....