Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Vacation Day 1...Pies & Police Reports

Today is day one of my FIVE day Thanksgiving vacation AKA Pie Day. Every year my Mom and I spend the day together in the kitchen baking pies and prepping for the big meal. This year we MAY have (and by MAY I mean most definitely) went a little overboard. Our list includes but is not limited to (the day isn't over yet!);

  • 4 Pumpkin Pies
  • 1 Cherry Pie with crumb topping
  • 1 Peach Pie with crumb topping
  • 1 Apple Cobbler (homemade biscuit topping)
  • 2 Loaves Cranberry Bread
  • 1 Loaf Pumpkin Bread
  • Stuffing
  • Green Bean Casserole

Did I mention all this is for only six people? And we haven't even gotten to the good part...

As Mom and I were baking this morning the phone rang and it was the police department from a local city asking about my brothers car. The police officer stated that it was found running on the side of the road at 4:30AM. It gave us a little scare but we were able to contact my brother who is away on business to find out that he was alright. Turns out that his car was stolen from his place of business last night and stripped to the frame. And by frame I mean this;







I guess old CRX's are in high demand.

Well that's all for now. I am leaving in a few to take my brothers into the city to experience South Street and see a rock show at the TLA.

See you all on Thanksgiving Vacation Day 2....

No comments: