Monday, July 28, 2008

Bucket List

Bucket List ... your doctor tells you that you have one year to live at the most. What do you do? I am sure you cry, you spend time with your family...and you make a bucket list. (You may have seen this movie although I have not) This is a list of things to do before you die. But here is the thing about a bucket list. You never know when you are going to 'kick the bucket' and how much time you have left on earth. How often are people told when they are going to die? Are you prepared for that? This is my point; start living your life today because you never know if you will have tomorrow. Here is my Bucket List...(in no particular order) You will see that most of my list is composed of traveling, which is all I really want to do!
  • Travel to Greece; see the island of Santorini
  • Go backpacking through Europe
  • Visit Germany and all of its historical sights
  • Try every flavor of ice cream ever made
  • Go to an Eagles vs. Cowboys game
  • Mentor a child, teach a child
  • Travel to Russia; see St. Basil's Cathedral, Gatchina Palace and The Winter Palace
  • See the wild tigers in the tiger sanctuary in India
  • Take a backstage tour of the Cape May Zoo, feed the animals and learn more about them
  • Inspire someone to live a life worth living
  • Apologize to the people I have hurt
  • Take a motorcycle trip out west and lay out under the stars at night
  • Complete another MS150 tour

...I shall stop here but this list is to be continued...

What have I learned from making my list? I have learned that there are things on my list that can be done today, there are things on my list that can be done everyday. That I should not focus on what I want but more on what I have to give before I go; that is truly a life worth living...

How do I make a Bucket List? Ask yourself these questions; What have I always wanted to do? How do I want to be remembered? Will I be at peace when my time comes? If not, why?

What are some things on your Bucket List?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

cool post heather :)