Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dreams do come true

I read this story online & I wanted to share it because it is a sad story with a sweet ending.
Courtney Dempsey was told by doctors that she had less than a year to live after being diagnosed with late stage melanoma. It is now 4 years later...she overcame those odds along with overcoming a double mastectomy. After her surgery her fiance Gary Courtney asked her to move in with him to help her recover and they started planning a September wedding. Now that is sweet, but what is even better is that out of 40,000 contestants, Courtney and Gary won a $100,000 dream wedding. Say it with me...awww! Oh, and that includes a honeymoon. And the cutest part is that she is going to take Gary's last name so her new name will be Courtney Courtney. Ha-ha! I love it...
I am so happy that Courtney will be able to have the wedding of her dreams after all she has been through. Stories like this always bring a smile to my face.

No comments: