Friday, June 26, 2009

All bets are off

I am emotionally - a wreck. I went to be irritated and woke up angry.

I am really annoyed/bothered/disgusted by all the MJ comments. "Poor MJ", "So sad about MJ"....I'm not shocked, I knew it was coming; the celebrity tributes, the crazed fans etc etc.

But it bothers me and here's why; he was accused of molesting children! Does that not speak volumes to anyone else? I don't care if you are the king of pop, if you can walk on water or can turn things into gold with the touch of your finger --- when it comes to molesting children --- all bets are off.

The point was brought up to me that he was accused and not convicted. Well I have this to say to them...tell that to the poor child - the victim. At the very least... it is not appropriate for a grown man to have someone else's child in his bed. Is that not common sense? What kind of example are we setting for the kids? That its okay to get away with molestation if you have lots of money. And what kind of message are we sending to the victims of molestation?

I wish that MJ was held to the same standards as that pedophile that lives a street over from you. Everybody wants to burn that mans house down. But NO...not MJ...its okay if he does it. Sorry about what happened to you little boy but we really like MJ - so we are going to turn a blind eye to what happened.

I am so so saddened for the victim(s) and his children. I pray that those kids can find healing and peace in their lives...


I am hesitant about allowing reader comments on this post because this is obviously already a hot topic issue on FB. This will not be turned into an argument. You can either agree or disagree with me - I just needed an outlet to spit this all out. If you would like to leave a comment please do so but I will be monitoring them.

9 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

I agree and disagree. Love MJ's music....though his morals were questionable....

Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

I agree. I couldn't believe all the tweets this morning. Granted I did like his music but the man was a weirdo.

Everyone was SO outraged when the TRIALS were on, but now? It's like he was a saint. I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Your picture happens to be right next to the comment box, so I just had to comment. You're so pretty!! :) And your cat is adorable.

Heather Nicole said...

@ Brazen - Have a great weekend yourself!

@ Sleepyjane - Thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only one saying - hold up a minute here! And thank you - jacob makes me look good :-)

Thank you both for being honest & respectful

BlackLOG said...

I don't think he ever grew up.
I don't think he thought he was doing anything wrong*

These are arguments that could be used by anyone to excuse any behaviour. I agree with your view.

I think as a society we fear death so much that we forgive anyone once they pass on.

* In which case I don't see why he paid out all that money then for the Jordan kid?

Heather Nicole said...

@ Neil - thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

You're absolutely right - 1. he never had a chance to grow up. 2. celebrities especially like those excuses - and lots of money combined with an untimely death grants them amnesty apparently

Hayley said...

I am kinda in two minds about this...

On one hand I agree with you, he was definitely a wierdo, and he did some really strange things, and then on the other hand, I think he had a terrible upbringing/childhood (which is no excuse). I just think he was mentally unstable. I did think he got away with way too much because of who he was. which is not right.

So while I do not agree with how he lived his life , I did enjoy his music, and I grew up with it. So I am choosing to remember the good things he did.

Okay hope this makes sense :-)

rachaelgking said...

I'm with you. I'm grateful for the music he left behind, and it's kind of weird that he is dead... but really, didn't he basically die, like, twenty years ago? At least the man we thought we knew did. The creature he became was always sort of a different entity for me... and certainly not someone I'll mourn.

Organic Meatbag said...

You know what? I agree completely with you... it makes me wonder if when OJ dies, is everybody going to forget that he poorly covered up a brutal homicide or is everybody suddenly going to feel sad and reflect back on his football career again? Hehehe...