Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lessons Learned in '09 Chapter 3

Welcome to my new series titled Lessons Learned in 2009. This series is a serious look back at my life in 2009. I try not to get too personal on this blog but for this series I dug deep and I hope you enjoy it.
Chapter 3 - Weight loss
  • I did not meet my weight loss goal this year. In the beginning of 2009 I was off to a great start and around March/April I was in reach of the finish line! I lost 11 or 12 pounds and felt great about myself. I was following the South Beach Diet and trying to work out a little here and there. I don’t recall the changing point or why I put the weight back on but the bottom line is that I got off track and never quite got back on. I've tried to restart the diet but I haven't succeeded at staying on it for very long. I am 1 pound shy of where I started in the beginning of the year. This is definitely very disappointing and I am reminded of my shortcomings every morning when I get dressed and every time I walk by a mirror. I'd like to say that I plan on starting to diet again after the new year but I'd probably be lying. The truth is - I'm stuck.

Up Next, Chapter 4 - Babies

Click here to read Chapter 1 - Don't get too comfortable

Click here to read Chapter 2 - Perspective

No comments: